NYFW + casting call in Los Angeles is right around the corner on April 25th in Hollywood and for those plus models looking to attend I am really excited to see your faces especially the new ones. When Brandee J, West Coast Editor of Manik Magazine asked me to be apart of this I was so excited because I love the production side of fashion shows. I haven't produced a fashion show in a couple of years now, however, it's still a passion of mine. It gives me a different perspective on what the casting directors is looking for in the talent. Although, I am only one of six judges, I feel like it's my duty as a fellow plus model to share some insight. Manik Magazine, myself, and the team of judges want the best models and hopefully the tips I share will help book the job. For those looking to attend, email your submission to: email@example.com. #NYFWPLUS
I'd love it if you would browse my website and click on i Do Runway to see most of the runway shows I've been privilege to walk in. I've graced the runway for these amazing shows: POSH LAFW, Haute Curves LAFW, NYFW and Fashion Meets Film for Betty Jean Couture, Art Hearts Fashion Los Angeles Fashion Week, and Full Figured Fashion Week 2014.
5 tips for a successful model casting:
1. Show us your amazing personality. Smile. Make eye contact with the judges.
2. Show us your natural beauty. Don't wear tons of makeup, we want to see you.
3. We want to see your BEST walk. Wear comfortable shoes you can strut in. If you have questions about the type of shoes to wear, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
4. Focus on the moment. Don't become distracted with other things that aren't currently in your control.
5. Bring your BEST professional modeling images (head shot & full body). This may be the last impression so make it count.
Remember, have fun and see you soon. Direct all your questions and inquiries to email@example.com.
Follow me on Insta: @priscillakaterena
Follow me onTwitter: @pkaterena
#plusmodel #plusfashion #curvymodel #priscillakaterena #curvypersonality #castingcall #losangelescastingcall #lacastingcall #nyfw